Thursday, January 28, 2010

Indoctrination

Yet another reason why I homeschool my kids. The following is from an email I received from my senator, Tom Carper.

TEACHING KIDS ABOUT THE CENSUS

The 2010 Census is less than three months away. So earlier this month, I hosted a kickoff event for the "Census In Schools" program in Delaware. This program aims to provide educators with the resources they need to teach students about the importance of the census, so they in turn can help deliver this message to their families and improve the response rate.
 
I fail to see the educational value in a program with the stated purpose of training students to be vehicles of social propaganda. I have nothing against the census and nothing against the notion of educating students about it, but why are our children being used to serve a government agenda? It's little, seemingly insignificant programs like this that have been eroding our freedoms bit by bit for years without alarming anyone enough to speak against it.

No comments: